Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: provides 1 fillet per person
Don’t be put off by the anchovies – cooked like this, they provide a fantastic richness that doesn’t overpower any of the other flavours. Go on, give ‘em a go!
- Rinse the capers first, then roughly chop them and the anchovies; set these aside together.
- Pan-fry the cod for 7-8 minutes until the fish has turned opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Just before the cod is done, bung the butter, capers, anchovies and lemon juice in with it.
- Cook until the butter begins to froth.
- Serve the fish on the potatoes with the lovely sauce poured all over. Add a sprinkle of parsley and you’re done.